My mom, sister and I try to do a yearly girls trip, basically an excuse see each other and do a super fun trip. This year we decided to go skiing in Deer Valley Utah. Knowing I like lots of activities to stay busy, this trip is right up my ally.You get all of your energy out exercising surrounded by beautiful mountain views during the day and relax by the fire with a glass of wine at night. Okay we also may have squeezed in some hotel movies and dessert room service to fully “recover” after skiing. Here are my top highlights of the trip, outside of the skiing of course!
- Staying at the Stein Eriksen Lodge
- We stayed at this amazing hotel with a Europe chateau feel. Just in case you want a little history background I will keep it short and sweet. Stein Eriksen was an alpine ski racer and Olympic medalist from Norway. He was once the director of skiing for Deer Valley and host of the Stein Eriksen Lodge; you’ll even find a run named after him on the hill! After skiing head to the hotel lounge to grab a pretzel and hot toddy while you relax. The hot toddy is so delicious and surprisingly light compared to the hundred cups of rich hot chocolate I drank the rest of this trip.
- Lunch at the St. Regis Hotel
- Once you need a break, pop over to the St. Regis Hotel for lunch or après where you can ski right up to the restaurants. I recommend sitting at the bar or outside if it’s warm enough for a more causal environment. I highly recommend the 7452 Bloody Mary with a black salt rim and wasabi-celery foam to give you a little kick to push through the rest of the day.
- Out on the Town
- The Après Veuve Lounge
- Located at the Montage between the Express and Ruby lifts, this little hut is the perfect spot to stop for a little après ski anytime between 12-4p. The champagne, charcuterie and stylish interior make it worth the pricey bill to at least stop by.
- Exploring Food on Main Street Park City